Frequently asked questions
IPv6 is the "next generation" Internet, and we are currently deploying it across our network. Here is the current status:
- All our three authoritative nameservers (ns1.hyp.net, ns2.hyp.net and ns3.hyp.net) are reachable over IPv6.
- All our email servers (SMTP/POP3/IMAP/MX) are reachable over IPv6.
- The most important of our customer-facing web services, like www.domainnameshop.com and webmail.domeneshop.no, are reachable over IPv6.
- If you are using our nameservers, you may create DNS pointers to IPv6 addresses (AAAA records) in the control panel under "My account".
- If you have Web hotel Medium or larger, you may activate IPv6. Log in under "My account" on www.domainnameshop.com/login, click on the domain, then on the "Web hosting" tab and finally on "Web hotel available via". There you can choose whether the web hotel should be reachable via IPv4, IPv6 or both.
You can read more on IPv6 here.
Check the IPv6 status for your domain here.