Frequently asked questions
Here we explain how to use Gmail to receive and send email for your domain name
Receive email through Gmail
- Log on to the control panel at www.domainnameshop.com/login with your username and password, select your domain and select the "Email" tab
- If you have already created the email-address you would like to forward, you may click the magnifying glass next to the desired email address and clicking "Add more recipients". Otherwise, click "Create new email address", enter the name of the email-address and click 'Continue'
- Select the option "The email is forwarded to another email address"
- Enter your email-address as the recipient and click "Create"
Email sent to this email-address will not be forwarded to your Gmail account.
Sending email from your domain through Gmail
In order for you to be able to send email from your Domainnameshop email-address, you also need to do the following:
- Press the gear symbol in the top right corner. Select Settings in the drop down menu and you will be forwarded to the "General" menu.
- Then select "Accounts" in the menu and click "Add another email address you own"
- Enter the name and email address in the pop up window and press next
- Check the field "send via "mittnavn.no SMTP servers" and enter smtp.domeneshop.no, username and password. Then press the "Add Account" button
- Gmail have now sent you a confirmation email with a code. Enter the code and press confirm. Gmail will now send you back to the menu where you can choose which address you want to use by default
- Here you can choose which address you want as the default sender address