Frequently asked questions
Microsoft Publisher is a program for making web pages and other documents. You can also use it to publish the pages. See more information here: Microsoft Publisher.
Windows 7 users must first create network drive by following these steps:
- Click on "Computer" and then on "Map network drive" in the top menu.
- Click on the link named "Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures".
- Click "Next" and then "Choose a custom network location".
- Type in ftp://ftp.domeneshop.no
- Untick "Log on anonymously" and type in your FTP username.
The new network drive should now be visible under "Computer". Select this drive when you want to publish your web pages in Publisher.
Our screenshots are from Microsoft Publisher 2003. Other versions might be slightly different.
To publish your web site, choose "File | Publish to the Web":
This will take you to Windows Explorer. To publish, save your web pages under "FTP Locations". If this is the first time you publish, choose "Add/Modify FTP Locations":
Fill in "ftp.domeneshop.no" and your FTP username and password i the dialog box as shown in the screenshot below. Click "Add", then "OK".
Doubleclick ftp.domeneshop.no, which should now appear under "FTP Locations".
Note! If your web hotel is created after May 2004, the files must be located in a directory named www. If you have deleted this directory, you must recreate it. Web hotels created before May 2004, do not have a www directory.
If there is any doubt whether you should have a www directory or not;
- Log in at www.domainnameshop.com
- Click on the domain name having the web hotel
- Go to "Manage web hotel" to the right on the page
- Go to "More info" to the right of "FTP"
- If you need a www directory, "www/" is displayed under "Directory". If you do not need one, only "/" is displayed.