Frequently asked questions
There can be many reasons why your web pages are not displayed. Here are the most common ones:
- There is a temporary error with your internet connection or your internet access provider. Make sure that you are connected to the Internet (e.g. that you can read online news papers like www.guardian.co.uk and www.nytimes.com), before further error checking.
- The domain is recently registered or transferred. It can take 24-48 hours before all the nameservers are notified that the domain is registered or transferred. Your web pages will be displayed when the nameservers have registered this information. Wait 24 hours and try again.
- You are trying to access https://www.example.com (with an 's') instead of http://www.example.com (without an 's'). The former will only work if you have HTTPS on your web hotel.
- If your web pages are forwarded to another web page, there might be a problem with the page forwarded to. If so, contact that web site's administrator instead.
- Our server encountered a temporary error. Wait 5 minutes and try again. You may also see our network status.
- You are using external name servers, and your web hotel has been moved to another webserver, e.g. when upgrading from Web Mini to Web Medium. You must update the IP address for your webhotel with your DNS provider. You can find the new IP address by logging on to our secure web pages like this: select your domain name from the list, click on Webhotel in the top menu.